Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The exciting week!

    Last week on Monday, Richard took me to get my visa registered. It didn't take long at all....just 3 hours for the whole thing! On Tuesday, we started school! It was a little confusing because there are two classes per grade and the teachers move between the classes! And each teacher teaches two subjects. On Wednesday, Ximena's brother, Jonathan, came to visit and he took me to Teleferico. The Teleferico raises from 2,950 meters up to 4,050 meters. We had to climb a little bit to get to this spot...it's so gorgeous!! We were between the clouds!!

One-quarter of Quito! 
 
Those are clouds in the back.
 
 Jonathan and I had to walk up this...I was sore for 3 days!!
 
Love how you can't see the top of this. It got really cold!!
 
Looking from the spot we decided to stop!!
 
Sunset while Jonathan and I were going back down!
 
My top 5 favorite pictures!!!

Another one of my top 5 favorite pictures
 
 This is Jonathan!!!
 
 The top is where the Teleferico stopped! Talk about high altitude for a girl from Memphis!!
 
        On Friday, my "boss" got sick an hour before I had to leave!! So I had to teach English, Math, Bible, and have an activity for T.G.I.F!! It was so much fun and yet tiring!! I had to take a nap when I got home! The other teacher's aid for the grade was free all day so she helped me...it was fun working with her!! We had some laughs! Here is what happened in T.G.I.F!!!! We had a dance party!
 




 

 


    PTL:
     - I have found favor with the Ecuadorian teachers at Montebello because I talk and interact with them, unlike most of the other American teachers!!! That was a huge thing that I was worried about...the Ecuadorian teachers seeing me as a typical American teenager and not someone serious about what I am doing!
     - I already love all of my kids!! They are great, that doesn't mean that they don't push me to my limits though!!! hahaha
     - Spanish is getting better! Each day I work at it with Andrea (the other co-teacher) and its coming along pretty well!
   Prayer:
     - Even though I am learning Spanish, that I will have patience with it! Just take each day at time! (my goal is to have a conversation by my birthday!!!)
     - The ladies who clean and keep up the place at Montebello are looked down upon by the teachers. Mena asked me to give them a smile, a hand, or anything that shows them that are worth something! What I think she's doing is so great! Pray that I will have the courage and have an unwavering heart and will power to do this!!
 
    I love you all so much and miss you! Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers and thoughts!!! It is much appreciated!! :)
                Emily P. Sayres
 

1 comment:

  1. It is so good to read your update. Know that I am praying especially today for you!

    ReplyDelete