Saturday, September 1, 2012

ECUADOR!!!

     I landed here in Ecuador safely at around 11:30pm Thursday August 16 and got to my house around 1:30am Friday August 17 morning. Three days later Richard and I started our two weeks of teachers meeting and preparing for our up coming classes. And it was full of information for the teachers.
     Getting adjusted to life isn't as tough as I thought is was going to be. The least favorite thing I will have to get used is riding the bus, but slowly I will be, hopefully, over coming it! These last two weeks have given me time to meet and get to know the teachers at Montebello Academy. There were a lot of new teachers so I wasn't the only shy one! I also got the chance to go to the Middle of the WORLD museum!!! pics to come!!
     PTL:
- I have been able to make some friends that are only a year or two older than me and one will also be teachers aids in Richards"s room with me for two months!! :)
- I haven't had much of a culture-shock.....either that or it hasn't hit me yet!!
- I am getting to know the city and my surroundings
    Prayer Requests:
- that I won't be so distressed about not knowing the language (this is completely normal)
- For the first two months, I will be having the toughest class and 80% of them are boys. Please pray for patience, kindness, and love as well as understanding for this class.
- Monday I am registering my visa for Ecuador, pray it will take only one day! We are taking another teacher with us, she was rejected yesterday because she didn't have some papers to get her visa.
- Start school TUESDAY!!! Won't be nervous!
      Thank you for keeping up with me. Sorry its taken me so long to write, but not to worry I should have some sort of normal schedule once school starts! Talk to ya'll soon!!:)
Emily P. Sayres
            
         

1 comment:

  1. Emily, you are constantly in my prayers! I love you so much! I know that you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete