Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sick and M'ARCA

  Oct. 14-20   
    The next week I was sick!! I had started to get a little something the Thursday before I left to go to the jungle...I guess the traveling and altitude made it worse! I was tired, I had congestion, my ears were clogged up, and during the middle of the week I was losing my voice. For those who don't know me that well, I have lost my voice twice...one because I was really sick and other because I was screaming and singing off tune at a concert!!! So it was weird and unusual! I am almost all the 100% percent better (thank you Mom for all those meds you packed)!!

      At the same time I was sick, I started the M'ARCA tutoring! M'ARCA is a tutoring organization for the kids who live around the school, who can learn different skills: from English to Music and everything in between. I teach the English of this program to 4 and 5 as well as 8 and 9. I have to plan out the hour and tell my helpers what to do. The helpers are the sophomores and juniors of Montebello!! They are so helpful and nice! Whenever the students don't understand what I am saying in English, the students from Montebello are my translators. I tutor each grade every Monday and Wednesday. So I don't home until 6 sometimes!! I love it because it's giving me a taste of planning and what techniques do and don't work. Each month has a different theme and October is body parts and how they work, so there has been a lot of head-shoulder-knees-and toes. I found a really cool video for both ages so that was a huge burden off my shoulders!!! November's theme is family, so if you have any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. The kids know hardly any English so it is sometimes difficult to find ideas and plans that I could use.

No comments:

Post a Comment