Thursday, November 1, 2012

Lesson of the week- Teaching can be Tiring

   October 21-27

   Last week was the busiest I've had yet! Everyday I had at least one thing going on each day!! Monday, I had M´ARCA after school, by the time I got home it was already 6 and I still had to plan for Tuesday.
   On Tuesday, I was teaching math. I found out that math is not my particular forte to teach or to learn...hahahaha! Mena's mom came in that day to stay a few days and on Friday took Lani with her to Manta.
   On Wednesday, I had M'ARCA and then I had to get home quickly because Tyler and Luis, two guys from the Misahualli school, were staying with us. All the teachers came to observe us and get new techniques. The school decided to get a fresh and new teachers. They are either fresh out of college or have never taught before!
   So on Thursday, we had a meeting together ,all the teachers from both school, to talk about classroom procedures and planning. I am very proud of myself because I introduced myself in Spanish....I botched a few words, but they all helped me. After I was done everyone applauded!!!!! It was my few seconds of fame!!
   Friday, we had the teachers come and observe us. There were only two people who officially came and observed us and they were Robert and Tyler. Luis popped in a few times when he wasn't busy! After we went home and ate lunch, we (Richard, Tyler, and I) took Mena's mom and Lani to the airport and then we went to a book store for Tyler! It was really fun...because we were all so tired, whenever someone said something remotely funny we laughed like it was the funniest thing in the world!!
   Some guys who go to Montebello are in a band and on Saturday, they had a gig. I've gotten to know them because they also go to the same church as me! A friend and I went to see them play!! It was really fun!! It was at times crazy, but so worth being crazy! Afterwards we all hung out and got a bite to eat!

 You can see everyone, but the drummer!! Sorry Nico!

Isabel and I outside getting some air!

The guys did some crazy thing when ever the music
get really fast! They would go in a circle and
kick their legs like they are in some sort of tribal dance!
 
P.S. Next weekend I'm going to Manta....but don't worry, you'll be able to read all about in another post! :)
 
Emily P. Sayres

2 comments:

  1. Thinking and praying for you today so I took a moment to catch up on your blog....great pictures over the last several posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily, This is Debbie Tomas-I met you at a mission lunch and we talked about my daughterinlaw going to Quito during the Month of November. They are leaving on the 26th of november to come down there. They will be working with Extreme Response and having Christmas Parties for the people at the Dump. They also go to the schools there too. Don't know if you will be involved at all with this, but thought I would let you know who they were and when they were coming. Her Name is Cheryl Tomas..I can give you more information if you have any knowledge of this! Thanks..Debbie

    ReplyDelete